Vandie .7 vs Maggie .7

*** I tried to edit the TITLE.,,Sorry   I mean Vandie 1ci    Thanks

Hello to all! I am hoping I will get some opinions on these 2 speakers. I’m 65...a Pro musician with a degree in music. I’ve own of equipment for sure. Nothing in the Mega buck range. I did own a par of Maggie III’s 25 years ago. Vandersteen’s are really a brand I have never owned or stopped at a dealer or known someone who owned them.

I know opinions are GOING to vary. These are kinda 2 different speakers...but a similar approach. Maggie flat panel, and Vandie "no baffe.

I have an NAD 326BEE integrated amp..( very decent)....I’m about to spring for a Schiit Vidar. I have an MF V90,,Schiit Saga... I own Whafdale Diamond 240’s.

I was also set to pop for the Vidar and got into a discussion with someone at Schiit, and he generally said, looking at speakers/ headphones are usually a bigger change. So started my re-evaluation.

These are the 2 I am down too. I have 1400-1500 to spend. True-ness of timbre, soundstage are most important ot me ...because I have listened and played live music since I was 15.

I do very much appreciate your opinions. I want member to BE subjective and give me your take based on personal experience. Thank you very much, Otto

128x128ottoa63
OP: 
Once you decide whether you prefer planar or dynamic speaker presentation, you can then dial in the rest of your system.  As a long-time fan of Magnepans, I find it unfortunate that there is so much plain bunk and misinformation online about Magnepans.

I usually listen to my .7's at modest volume levels and they sound great in an all tube system.  In some ways they are easier to position than dynamic speakers, as long as you can bring them out from the front wall at least 3'- and that's also the case for most other speakers.

In any event, upgrade your front end and your speakers will give you what they're being fed, more or less. 
Got the Tung sol into the Saga.. And I'm liking it very much. Have not switched the digital cable yet... Thats on the board next.
Congrats on the purchase! For the benefit of those who are looking at such decisions, there is another option which "splits the difference," the Eminent Technology LFT-8B. I reviewed it, and found it lovely because it is a sort of synthesis between the two speakers discussed by the OP. I found significant differences and weaknesses in both speakers, and wished there to be a speaker capturing the strengths of each. The LFT-8B is about as close as one will get at the price.