Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
dont forget the mighty 1ci
i bought a returned pair ( customer upgraded to Treo CT ) for my “ therapy”  room aka hunting/fishing work room....

i did listen hard to the VLR and it is a tough choice....i store a bunch of radial diffusers ( aka fishing rods ) in the corners and did not want stands to tip over....

i am still tweaking the setup but so far settling in

Denon table w Grado Ref Sonata into Dynavector P75 mk4 into McIntosh MX-110Z into McIntosh MC240 out to Audioquest Type 6 shotgun...

the alternate is NAIM Atom as preamp with a Synology NAS serving up CD quality wav files....

pretty fine...

pretty fine...

Hegel H80 integrated amplifier with Kimber Kable PK10 power cable. Kimber 8TC speaker cables. Using Airport Express digital out to the Hegel. Skylan guy can make a new top plate as necessary. Going to market my Silverlines and REL T-Zero sub next week.
Kansas, the 2CE Signatures are a much better speaker in every way, better bass, mids to die for, the cymbals have just the right amount of decay to them that no other speaker in that category has, this was very importance to me. Space was the main issue for me, i gave up about 3 and half feet in the room with my 2ce, but less than 10 inches with VLR Woods. the VLR Woods had enough meat on the bone as carmenc mention and imaged very well for the music, ill move the 2CE out to the living room and them there.
David,
Where did you get your VLRs?  I’m shooting for a demo or return pair, at or below $1000.