Vandersteen Quatro CT

This speaker has been available for several months and by some reports is quite special. Anyone have a chance to listen to one? Impressions compared to other Vandy speakers?

Thanks!
128x128karl_desch
Ya
nothing bad to say about any other Audio company....
250 K Model 2 and something like 37 years later and RV still works 1/2 day most Saturday.....
IMO, he and his family business are “ what’s right and good about entrepreneurial America” .... and doing it mostly here with USA manufacturing in California ( wow ! )
His team is building a set of Treo CT for me right now with some very wild Maple ambrosia veneer and for what I think is an amazingly low upcharge...
freaking cool
an unabashed fan and supporter 
jim
On to cables....
i mostly use AudioQuest
Everything from King Cobra RCA in my Vintage MAC / Apogee system to WBY and EagleEye in the Reference 

i have some shotgun type 6 with vintage spades I may use with the Treo as I plan to use my 1961 MC240 ( very highly modified ) as an initial baseline, maybe move to a DBS cable ..... we shall see....

with the Clear day return, that has me thinking but I doubt that includes vintage spades at amp end ????

i know call and find out
I am using and loving the WEL balance into the Ayre and the CAstelrock speaker cables.  I love the tonality and neutrality of the AQ cables.  I've tried others in teh system and not liked them.  I will be selling my AQ Niagara 1m cables and my 1.5 M Water cables I think. 
Hi all.  Wanted to revive this thread.  I still have the Quatro Wood (non-CT) but the upstream has evolved into higher end Pass Labs gear.  I use a Pass Labs XP-27 phono - XP-22 Pre and the good ol XA 30.5 to power the Quatro. Balanced M5 boxes. 

Two things recently elevated the performance of the Vandersteen's in my room.  First was the addition of Isoacoustic Gaia I footers. I was pretty skeptical about using these as Vandersteen designs to couple the speakers to the floor. These footers are supposed to decouple. But I felt is was worth trying because the speakers are positioned on a suspended wooden floor above a storage area in my house. I had to use the more expensive Gaia I because the 110 lb Quatro has to be supported with just 3 footers. Also, I had to buy 8 not 6 footers. It was not difficult to maintain the appropriate tilt angle by adjusting the footers.  Be aware that the rear spike threads are different than the front. After many weeks of use, I think they are a significant improvement. The quality of the imaging and the tonal richness of the midrange expanded to my ears.  More palpable presence in the room, better separation of instruments so that you can hear into the recording better. The bass quality changed almost like adjusting the Q. The bass may be a little less high impact and certainly less is transmitted into the floor, but overall bass better integrated into the music.

The second change was the addition of an HRS platform under the Pass XA 30.5.  This is the only component of the system that is near the speakers and in the high acoustic energy zone. Improvements in detail and clarity were not subtle.  Very impressed!

So, fellow audiogoners, what might be the next steps for me?  I hear good things about Vandersteen M5 HPA mono's. This would eliminate the M5 boxes and the Pass XA 30.5.  Anyone with experience want to share?  I would also consider updating to the Quatro CT if that would be a similar jump in performance. Going to have to try both of those in my room sometime this summer.