Vandersteen 3 w/ARC d240 MKII

Good evening all.
Recently I had to retire my ML Sequell IIs and replaced them with a pair of Vandersteen 3s.
At the same time I swaped in a new amp and realized my speaker cables were damaged.
After several weeks of tweaking I cannot get the sound right.
I have a feeling it's the speaker cables.
I was using Audioquest Midnight 3 bi wired and am now using an old set of Audioquest Type 4+ in a shotgun bi wire.
The speakers sound muffled and lack dynamics and good imaging.
Before I replace the cables im currious if you guys think the d240 has enough power to drive the Vandersteens--was using a sunfire on the MLs.
Thanks in advance for feedback.
ltngstrucktwice

Showing 4 responses by audioconnection

(((mode connected to the amp with Transparent XLRs.)))
Transparent cables are on the darker side.
I would insert any decent Audioquest interconnect in there ASAP!! JohnnyR
Wlutke/
Anyone with an 8 ft wide room using a full range speaker
will have, in your words slow bass.
The reason for this is you would be 12 db up with your bass in room response with your speakers positioned in the corners loading the room.
This is easily fixed by high passing the speakers without a sub.
pop a Vandersteen x 2 in the system and start at the lowest settings and work up until the desired result is achieved.
These speakers can sound as fast as you want them.
The Audio quest interconnects/Speaker wire will be better choice for the rest and as Zd542 say stands and proper laser tilt back is important.
Best JohnnyR
PS
Sound Anchors with all 3 spikes properly adjusted side to side level and tilt back is vital rip off any heavy wall padding and go to diffusion as well at the first side wall reflection.
Nice move,
If you want them neutral and able to show off their capability hit them with a pair of AQ Red River XLRs
You wont believe what happens.
JohnnyR