VAC 30/70...pick your pre?

Considering a pair of VAC 30/70’s however concerned a bit about matching the Pre well; on the other hand, can’t spend another 5-6k on a line stage right now. Thoughts? Recs? Get a better integrated instead for now?  Ideas about Line Magnetic 219 vs. Allnic T2000; pushing Wharfedale Jade 5's (87db 6ohm)

128x128phaun16
Hi Walter, 
That sounds like a potentially stellar amplifier and speaker match. I look forward to reading your subsequent listening impressions.  This is an interesting development given that you currently own the highly regarded Daedalus Ulysses speakers.  By the way did you order the 4 or the 8 ohm version of the DI.  Congratulations!
Charles 
Hi Charles,
I just couldn't resist trying the DI speakers, as much as I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my Ulysses speakers. I'm sort of playing a hunch, I guess. I have some time off on the horizon, so this is an ideal time for me to audition new speakers and conduct an intensive comparison between the mighty Ulysses and the upstart Double Impacts. I ordered the 4 ohm version, though the 508 should be fine with either version. It should be a lot of fun, really a can't lose proposition with Eric's 30-day trial period. I'll let you and others know what I think when they arrive and I have a little time to formulate some impressions. Thanks for your note!
Walter,
You have an excellent plan mapped out 😊. I find this discussion very significant given the implications of genuinely affordable (but not cheap) products that yield true upper tier sound quality. The Tekton DI has been very favorably compared to far more expensive speakers with established reputations for superior sound. Teajay’s comparison to the Lawrence Audio Cello and the Wilson Sasha.

Your Ulysses will be another high level reference point, so the bar remains high. What an exciting comparison it’d be, consider this,  the LM 508ia and the LTA ZOTL 40 driving the DIs. Similar amplifier power yet vastly different circuit/topologies.

What’s so intriguing is this experiment doesn’t require ultra level money expenditure. Excellent news for serious music lovers. Fun times! The notion that a 3000.00 dollar speaker can be the foundation of a superb sounding audio system is a reason to rejoice. Icing on the cake is this speaker permits a very wide range of amplifiers to be eligible for use.
Charles
Agreed Walter and Charles!  Looking forward to hearing back Walter re: the 508.  I was in touch with Whetstone, who has a 508 in stock.  Seems like almost a toss up between the 508 and 219 (with a higher efficiency speaker).  The 8ohm DI is interesting, but worth the extra $500ish...tough to know unless a trial set forth I would assume.  

I may be either ordering the DI (pending my room space allowance) or the LM soon myself. 
Phaun16, 
Generally speaking the 8 ohm speaker load impedance would ideally suit SET and tube amplifiers compared with the 4 ohm version.  However there are exceptions to most axioms.  Owners have reported much success with the LM 219ia and 508ia with some 4 ohm speakers.  

Walter's upcoming auditioning will shed considerable light as he's ordered the 4 ohm DI.  Obviously the 500.00 dollar up charge for the 8 ohm could affect certain budget decisions. 
Charles