USPS Priority Mail

What do you think about using USPS Priority Mail to ship two 50 pound boxes (double boxed, 35 pound speakers) across the country?
usarrn
Last time USPS took 3 inches out of a box - must have dropped the box on a sharp edge from a few feet height to protrude the box by that much. Luckily the $4500 tube amp survived without any damage. In all my 100+ transactions, I never had a problem with Fedex Ground or UPS Ground. USPS lost 5+ packages delivered to the wrong address, declared my address as non-existent.
I can't believe that it'll be cost effective to ship two 50 pound boxes via USPS Priority Mail. And if they're double boxed & packed extremely well, UPS Ground should be fine.

I've shipped delicate crystal, china, keyboard & audio equip. all over the country with UPS Ground, & no problems yet (Knock wood). But good packing is key.
For those who ship by USPS: Please be aware that your valuable Priority Mail package is transported in a 40 foot truck bed which dumps the packages onto a conveyor belt. The truck has a hydraulic system which lifts the cab-end of the container about 40% so the packages tumble over and over for 40 feet and then slam onto a conveyor belt. That is just the beginning of the journey. It may be ok for small, lightweight packages but definitely NOT for 50 pound boxes. I can't imagine a better way to ensure that delicate electronics are subjected to the worst possible shipping conditions.
One thing about UPS..If using them make sure you have it boxed or prepared for shipping by authorized UPS agent..We ship larger antiques all over and the last time UPS destoyed an item they refused the insurance claim because it wasnt packed by them...It will cost you more but( not if, but when) something is damaged its all on them..