Using paypal for local pickup

For items sold as local pickup only, is it a good idea to accept paypal? I heard that a buyer could say that he never received the items and paypal would side with the buyer as there is no proof of delivery. 
audioforme99
Why would you use paypal for a local pickup? The buyer should pay you with cash!

Agreed but I have been in same situation.
I went to look at a sub at a local craigslist sale and I knew the area was not the best in town so I did not want to carry cash.
So I went , looked, listened and then asked if he was ok with PayPal as friends and family.
I think he understood....lol
Did the deal which is instant and all were happy.
So there are situations that merit it in todays age.
There is no way that I would go to a sketchy, or not-so sketchy area to complete a transaction with the kind of cash needed to purchase some audio equipment ... especially off of Craig's list.  We are talking about thousands of dollars. I have sold audio equipment on a cash basis via local pick-up before, but I won't buy that way. Why? Because I have police officers in the family ... and I have heard the stories.

Frank
oregonpapa,
With paypal a buyer could say that they never got the item and paypal would decide in their favor.
I have done this but was paid as friends and family so that negates the possibility of buyer making that claim.
OP
I already explained the way round that one in the very first post.
Once paid by friends and family there are no claims...…...
I'd rather do friends and family than carry that much cash around to a strange place.