Using Oppo 205 instead of per amp processor

Anyone using their Oppo 205 as a pre amp processor? if so, what are the pros and cons? I am looking into replacing my NAD 758 receiver with separates for my HT and secondary system. I'm thinking i can save myself some money by purchasing the Oppo instead of a pre amp processor but, not sure if the Oppo was designed to be used like that without issue. I know the Oppo doesn't have room correction and was told by magnolia, the volume control is fixed only no variable? Unfortunately, no dealers in my area have one on display to audition. Any feed back is much appreciated. My current set up: Primaluna HP integrated, Sony HAP1ZES, Cambridge BD 752 player, Klispch Heresy 111 70th anniversary edition speakers, cables Tellurium Q ultra black SC and jumpers, FMS microwave IC's, and a Wadi 171i transport that i use with my iphone/ipad.

Thanks
Brian
brian27b

Showing 1 response by geoffkait

willemj
He wouldn’t be the only inarticulate poster here (although I sometimes rather enjoy his posts). There are times when I think some here do not only know nothing about science, but know no grammar either. A little bit of extra effort goes a long way.

>>>We all know know no grammar is a no no, no?