Using Maple Butcher Block Under a Turntable

When using a maple butcher block under a turntable, what is below the butcher block?  Cone?  Soborthane pucks?  Does it just lay on the shelf?  What are people using and how of they mounting the block?  How are they mounting the table on the butcher block?
bpoletti
You've never read, evidently, any of my old posts about using cans of Mandarin Orange slices in water, DelMonte brand only, as turntable footers.  I did an A/B comparison to Del Monte sauer kraut; Mandarin Orange slices in water won.  $2 per footer; you cannot go wrong. Both my Lenco and my Denon DP80, imbedded in slate slabs, rest on Mandarin Orange slices in water. I suspect maple syrup would result in a warm, colored sound.
This is not necessarily my opinion, but the folks at Mapleshade (most of you know who this is), say that butcher block maple, or any maple that is kiln dried cured (dried in large ovens), is the worst thing you can put under your turntable. He uses maple logs that have been sitting outside for years, to air dry. They claim this to be best. They also say it is the most non-resonant. Remember, this is their opinion.
Special mix concrete isolation platform. More dense than normal concrete but a third of the weight. Works fantastic under everything. Can get them specially designed in any shape thickness or color.

Post removed 
@geoffkait 
One of the best characteristics of Spam is that it has no expiration date. It's good forever even if it's left out in the open at room temperature.