USB vs Coax Is one better than the other?

I am wanting to buy a cable to go from Auralic Aries to a RME adi2 dac with a Teddy Pardo psu. I am using the stock USB that came with RME and a JPS Labs Superconductor digital cable I had lying around since 1997 it's the first generation from JPS. I can pan between the USB and Coax with streamer remote and find there is a difference in sound, not sure if it is the signature of JPS or it being a coax wire vs USB. The USB sounds more detailed and clean. Coax more analog and full. Both are enjoyable but just different. Should I invest in USB or Coax, thank you for your advise as I'm a little lost here.
paulcreed

Showing 1 response by ecat026

I'm going through the exact same dilemma with a Auralic G1 streamer to Mytek Manhattan II DAC. The coax brings the vocals front and center with satisfying warm tones, but it lacks the detail and refinement of USB. I'm stuck deciding between the two because they both offer benefits! Nonetheless, my research has suggested coax vs. usb is component dependent. I believe coax relies on the streamer's clock while usb uses the dac's clock. Also, manufacturers implement usb and coax differently so there is no universal "superior" connection. Awaiting upgraded USB cable to match the coax cable tier for A/B comparison.