Uptone EtherRegen

Has anyone tried the Uptone a Audio EtherRegen? I just got it delivered, hooked it up between my ethernet connection and my Bridge II on the PS Audio DS DAC. This device reclocks and cleans ups the digital signal. I’m fairly stupid when it comes to all things digital but what I’m hearing is a huge difference. There is an immediate improvement, lowering the noise floor to reveal clarity. The bass in tight and powerful. My first impression says it’s worth every penny of the $640.

Lance
lancelock

Showing 5 responses by dfairc777a

Just installed mine yesterday and have played it for about 6 hours. So far neither my wife nor I can hear any difference. We listen primarily to Tidal and have done several rounds of A/B testing. 

For those of you hearing improvements, is there any particular song on Tidal you recommend for A/B testing?
I'm streaming through a lumin U1 mini into a lampizator Golden Atlantic DAC.

I'm now thinking I have a defective unit as it occasionally freezes or stutters.  I'm going to return it for a refund.
The internet is coming from a netgear router - cheap ethernet cable to EtherRegen to Lumin via Audioquest Cinnamon cable.
In case anyone is wondering, Uptone gave me a full refund. They were pleasant and very professional.
I'm in the February batch, so haven't heard it yet. Honestly, I'm fully expecting to send it back for a refund - things like this rarely work out for me.  Regardless, I'll give it a fair listening test by doing a blind A/B test with my wife's ears. I'll report back when finished.