Upgrading Wadia 170i IDoc to new 171 IPod dock

I have owned for about a year now the first Wadia 170i IPod dock and the $280 ICAudio upgraded power supply and lastly am using the Kimber illuminations D60 cable going to my DAC, which is actually a Cambridge AZURE 840C CD player. my question is has anybody upgraded to the latest 171i IPod dock and was it worth it? My current setup using lossless files sounds pretty good, but not quite as good as a CD. So please, with my current configuration and your experience with the new dock, is it worth the investment - Thanks!
Rpg
rpg

Showing 2 responses by philb7777

They were for sale on Music Direct's website for about two weeks, but now they have been taken off and are not for sale. I've heard they were recalled due to faulty remote control issues/programming. Hopefully they will be for sale soon again if Wadia can fix things quickly.
Just checked MD website - the 171i is back up for sale so the remote issues must have been fixed. Hopefully we will be getting some reports back from people who purchased it soon. I'm curious how well it works with the iPad and how the remote functions with the iPad.