Upgrading from a Classe CDP 300 and SSP 600

I am upgrading my CDP 300 and SSP 600 and have not purchased equipment in some time so I am looking for a little advice. I have :

- Roland 102 amp in the rear, 201s in the front
- Vandersteen quattros, V2W, 2WQ, VSM signature, VCC5 signature
- Separate 2 channel portion controlled by a synergy and the future purchase of a qb-9 Ayre

I was thinking of an Oppo 95 and Integra 80.3 as I don't want to dump another load of cash into equipment that is quickly obsolete.

Any advice is welcome!
rolexbeav

Showing 4 responses by rolexbeav

Thanks for everyone's input!!

Mexmo - you and I appear to have the same taste in audio equipment! Love it.

Still not sure the route I want to take. Oppo 95 is on the way. Will run this for a while then decide on the processor.
Thanks! Do you think I will be disappointed versus a Mac MVP 891 and MX 121. I just am concerned in my system especially with video that I will be able to hear $7K worth of difference!
Mezmo, thanks for the reply!

I am going to run two channel through an Ayre qb-9 and a Rowland Synergy pre amp that runs in bypass when I am using the Classe for two channel.

The original intent of the upgrade was to 1) Be able to play blu-ray and 3D discs 2) Have a processor that is able to decode the new Dolby and DTS formats. My understanding (and again, I am just gaining an understanding of the new formats) is that you cannot bitstream these through anything except an HDMI cable and that the SSP 600 can not decode these new formats. I may be wrong though...
So, I bit the bullet today and got the Integra 80.3, paired with the Oppo 95. The sound and picture is FANTASTIC. This is my first experience with Blu Ray. I appreciate all the advice from Kal and everyone. I am really going to enjoy this set up! Especially considering I spent $4K versus the $13K I spent 5 years ago!