Upgrading from a Classe CDP 300 and SSP 600

I am upgrading my CDP 300 and SSP 600 and have not purchased equipment in some time so I am looking for a little advice. I have :

- Roland 102 amp in the rear, 201s in the front
- Vandersteen quattros, V2W, 2WQ, VSM signature, VCC5 signature
- Separate 2 channel portion controlled by a synergy and the future purchase of a qb-9 Ayre

I was thinking of an Oppo 95 and Integra 80.3 as I don't want to dump another load of cash into equipment that is quickly obsolete.

Any advice is welcome!
rolexbeav

Showing 1 response by airkitty

There are newer audio codecs than the ones Mezmo is thinking about. DTS HD Master Audio and Dolby Tru HD. Both of these are uncompressed codecs. You can do a few things to decode and hear the new formats 1) Oppo blu ray performs the decode and signal is transmitted to the classe via 5.1 or 7.1 RCA cables 2) oppo bit stream via hdmi to new processor that can decode the newer uncompressed codecs. The new codecs are very good for signal integrity. The classe is a nice piece of gear and option 1 above would allow you to keep it and still have the high resolution audio. The oppo blu ray players that process 3D material (BDP93 & BDP95) both have dual hdmi outputs to allow for a dedicated video transfer via hdmi and a second hdmi output for audio if you choose.