Upgrade from Emotiva XPA1 to Bryston 28bsst2 or Pass X350.8

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I have fairly recently begun building up a system after many years away from owning any decent home hifi equipment. I started off with Maggie 1.7 speakers running off Emotiva XPA1 mono-block amps. I am now driving my Revel Salon 2 speakers with the same Emotiva XPA1 Mono-block amps, with a Bryston BP-17 pre-amp. I have been using the Emotiva amps for a few years, as starter gear for re-entering the hobby, however I would like some good feedback on potential replacement amps that would significantly improve the already amazing sound quality of the Salon 2 speakers. I was thinking either Bryston 28bsst2's or Pass X350.8 or similar. What do y'all recommend for driving the Salon 2 speakers. I would like to hear better sound for jazz at low to mid listening levels, but still need enough power for rock music at higher levels. Thanks.
brystonkiwi

Showing 1 response by brystonkiwi

Thank you everyone for you helpful responses. Sorry I had not responded sooner, as I have been offshore. I have heard mostly good comments in the past about the 28bsst2 series amp and the used prices seem to be coming down now that the cubed version of this amp is apparently nearing release. It's hard to ignore the great following the Pass Labs X350.8 series Amps seem to be earning across this and other web sites though. I guess I may have to do a bit of traveling to go see if I can hear both amps and see if I like the sound of one better. Should I expect either amp to have significantly more 3 dimensional sound than the XPA1 amp? Assuming good and equivalent cabling?