update recommendations

Anyone have experience with upgrades for Rega 25?
raymc62
I have a fully tricked out Rega 25. I think the best, (most cost effective) upgrades were the subplatter, (I have the Deep Groove) and the Heed Orbit outboard power supply. I also have the Groovetracer platter, ClearAudio Turbo dropped counterweight, Black Diamond Racing Feet set, Living Voice Mystic Mat, rewired arm, (Incognito-this should also be considered as a cost effective upgrade).

I know retail pricing on all this stuff takes it way up there, but at the prices I found most of this for, it was a bargain and REALLY raised the level of performance right up there with some of the best.
Thanks, I will look into those ideas. I bought the unit at a bargain price as a dealer demo so can afford to put some back into it.
i have a rega 25 with the platter upgrades, expressimo counterweight and the heed orbit power supply. i thought the sound was a little "thin" so i bought my first non-stock power cord this week. the cord was a vh audio flavor 4. i first placed this cord on my audio refinement complete integrated amp and experienced only a marginal improvement over the stock cord. i then placed the flavor 4 on the heed power supply. wow...i mean WOW!!! i can't believe the full powerful visceral sound i'm now getting. i'm kind of a "rockhead" so the flavor 4 may not be your thing. but i'm telling u the rega 25 can do some magical stuff with the right upgrades.
I too had a fully tricked out P25, however when I went to a fully tricked out VPI Superscoutmaster, it brought me to an entirely different level. I don't want to break your bubble...the P25 is a great value, however it doesn't begin to run with the big boys.