tyler linbrook signatures vs. b&w 802

I have narrowed it down to these Two speakers. I have heard the B&Ws but not the Tyler on piece system .Which would be the best choice ..Thanks everyone...Joe
Ag insider logo xs@2xjhjf123456

Showing 2 responses by oldpet

Jhjf123456

I'm not going to get into a debate with other posters, i'll just tell you MY onw experience. My Previous speakers were B&W Matrix 801 Series 3. My current speakers are the Tyler Linbrook Signature Series (one piece).

While I had the 801s i enjoyed them very much. I replaced them for the reason stated above - if a driver went bad, i was out of luck. I tried the Tylers because i wanted to give an American speaker maker a try. I bought them without ever having heard them.

When i first got them i was afraid I had made a mistake. But I put a disc on repeat play and walked away for a week. I came back to find a different speaker. Another week went by, and I found myself stunned and amazed. I was grinning ear to ear. Superior to the 801s in every way. Maybe not quite as deep in the bass but the Tylers do go down to 25 hz - CLEANLY. 801s - NOT too clean.

These are my real life - actual experiences - no theory, or guessing here.
Do I miss the 801s? Not even a little bit! :-)

Best of luck.
paul
hmm....I know I'm not a speaker salesman.
B&W owners probably feel like alot of Krell owners. Both products garner alot of poor opinions from alot of Agon members.

As I said above, I enjoyed my B&Ws - I Just like the Tylers that much more. No Matter what others say about Krell - I also like my Krell amp too. Do I feel insecure about it? No. Like Tickfight said - it's how I hear things. I like what I hear now, more than i did before.

Stop worrying about how these threads go. Enjoy your equipment. Try other things. Who knows - you may find that you like other pieces of gear/speakers better too..

Then again - i like my Krell amp - so what do i know?

:-)