Two Against Nature-What is your reference recording?

I have a number of different recordings that really seem to highlight the strengths and SQ of my system. This week I purchased a used CD ($3, free shipping) of Steely Dan's Two Against Nature and I'm just blown away. To me, it seems better produced (maybe overproduced) than Aja. (A copy of Gaucho is still on the way so we'll see how I feel about it.) It rises above the three or four other 'reference' recordings that I use as a benchmark for my system and so Two Against Nature is probably now my single 'reference' recording.

But here's the thing, I do not like any song on Two Against Nature as much as any given song on Aja. So what seems to carry Two Against Nature (for me) is its production value. It is just a sonic joy to listen to even if the songs are not as catchy as those from Aja and Gaucho.

So that got me to wondering: First, what is your reference recording (any format/medium) for your system? Second, is it also your favorite recording to listen to? In other words, is it the best recording/production AND your favorite music?

George
n80
I love to testing with female vocal.... so three tracks from Amanda McBroom’s Dreaming XRCD album are my go to.

1. Dreaming
6. From Time to Time
8. When Hearts Collide

Mapman, are you saying that every album in your collection is as good as the next? Not a single standout? Not a single tinny blues recording from the 1940s? Not a single poorly produced but otherwise marvelously recorded song?

I’m not even sure that sounds good or interesting. 
No they all sound different from the exceptional to the more mundane to the highly flawed but almost all are listenable which means the sound reproduction is working well for a music lover like me.

I even have a few old 78s from the 30s and 40s that I have converted to digital in my music library and those sound the best ever as well.

I have tweaked all my source devices in my setup to sound their best, digital streaming, phono and even cassette tape.

When I audition new gear I always endeavor to hear a similar variety of recordings.  I want to get the best out of all of  them. 
I guess it all depends on what you mean by "the best ever". To me, the old blues recordings sound as good on my low end college-years system as they do on my good system. There just isn’t much you can do with that level of recording. 1 person, 1 ancient mic, 1 guitar, 1 open studio room, 1 take, 1 low end wax cutter. Having said that...I guess that is sort of what those recordings are supposed to sound like.....but if so, that is just a fetish....because it certainly isn’t what it sounds like live.