TWL mod for Rega RB600 arm---help needed

I just got finished reading the years-old discussion thread concerning the fishing weight modification for OL and Rega arms for use with low-compliance cartridges, and I really want to do this but I'm at a loss as to how to go about it. I recently mounted a Denon 103r on my Rega RB600/Rega P25, so I have the perfect set-up that would presumably benefit from doing this mod. Today I bought some 1/2 oz. lead bullet fishing weights to try out, hoping I'd be able to simply blu-tack them on to the ends of the bearing housing bolts. This didn't work because the blu-tack isn't strong enough to hold the weights straight out and they gradually just sag downward. I thought about super-gluing them on but there doesn't seem to be enough surface area making contact for that to work. I read in the old discussion thread about guys drilling and reaming these things out so they would pressure fit over the bolts, but I haven't a clue how to go about doing this and don't really have the tools. So, I'm asking for any and all guidance---or, if one of you is able to fashion some weights for me to use, all the better, and I will pay you handsomely for the trouble! Thanks, Will Herrera
will_herrera

Showing 1 response by narrod

How do you equalize the weight? How exacting are the weight measurements of fishing weights?

Wendell