Turntable sounds fast/high-pitched AGAIN

I posted here a couple months back about my turntable sounding slightly fast/high pitched. Well, back them, the problem was a very stretched belt. So, I replaced the belt, and it sounded normal again. After replacing the belt, a few weeks later, it started to sound slightly fast/high pitched again so in frustration, and it's only gotten worse with time. I'm positive my turntable is running a bit fast, but don't have a strobe to check it. If it is running fast, and the belt isn't a problem (since I upgraded it a couple months ago), what should I do to get the speed back to normal?

I have a Denon DP-300F automatic turntable that I bought secondhand. It's got a built in pre amp My cartridge is a Shure M97XE.

thanks!!
toxicwaterfront

Showing 1 response by ths364

If you're at all technically minded, you may be able to locate a service manual at VinylEngine.com . Or look up that turntable on AudioKarma- lots of knowledgeable folks there. It's possible that there is a calibration pot that can get you back to the right speed, or the turntable needs to have new electrolytic caps installed. You can probably find a strobe disc that you can print out online.