Turntable dust cover cleaning

Howdy. I have an issue with my Sota turntable dust cover. Pretty much every day, I have to clean streaks off the cover. There is a very high amount of static. I do run a very small humidifier as well. I live in Colorado (very dry climate) and the problem is worse on very dry days. I use Sprayway glass cleaner which has no ammonia and is safe for plastic. I'm assuming the cover is either plastic or plexiglass.

Here's a photo of it - https://imgpile.com/images/G1MMZ8.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks much !

128x128hazeloop

Hi Hazeloop,

I am another long term SOTA owner. It looks to me that you have swirl marks on the dust cover. You can bring it back with a little elbow grease or a random orbital polisher if you have one. Go to Autogeeks and get the smallest bottle of Menzerna 2500. You can use a soft foam polishing pad on a random orbital polisher or a clean microfiber cloth and elbow grease. Rub vigorously in a straight line across the entire surface. Repeat until the marks are gone. After you bring it back clean only with a fresh microfiber cloth. Any dirt will scratch the cover. I spray with 50% isopropyl in distilled water. This will safely remove any fingerprints.