Turntable choices

Have owned a Bang & Olufsen 8002 turntable for 35 years and value highly it's tone-arm control features.  I've lost an output channel while upgrading my pre-amp from a McIntosh C32 to a McIntosh C47.  A rebuilt 8002 w/an MMC4 rebuilt cartridge is available on Ebay for $950.  My question is: do I stay with the B & O, maybe upgrading the cartridge or look at a new turntable with 35 years of new technology "under the hood"?
128x128alaskabluesman
What do you mean "lost an output channel"? This is pretty basic stuff. Either a cartridge pin pulled out, or a phono wire somewhere lost connection. You know which channel it is. That narrows it down to like 3 feet of wire. 

If you're not going to fix it then whether a new table is better or not depends on you. Because you simply will not find the tone arm control features you highly value in any $950 table made today. Nor the B&O look. 

Only if you highly value sound quality then yes, you can do better.
I have always loved the B&O look and the convenience of not handling the tonearm.  I record many individual LP tracks and B&O control enables that process.  Yes, the loss of signal either left or right could simply be replacing 3' of wire; the first hiccup I've experienced with this turntable ever.  Maybe a sign of the times to look at a suitable replacement.  I enjoy doing the research and learning what's new out there!
Post removed 
If all you did was unplug/replug the DIN/RCA cable then check that (have a spare?), and also check the new preamplifier.

You might also register here and ask for advice...

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/

Regardless it should be a simple fix.

DeKay