Tube vs Solid State

Folks,

For past few months, I have been trying to achieve best possible sound in my rig. The focus now is clearly on a improving 2 channel sound in what started as a home theater room.  

In past couple of years, I have added N10, Modwright DAC and very recently a LS36.5 linestage . The amps are Modwright KWA150SE. I am running pair of KWA150SE's in bridge mode (450Wx1) for the mighty B&W 800D2's.  While I like the sound as is, still feel something is missing. 

I have been toying with the idea of bi-amping.  One thought is to add mono tube amps to run mid's and high's and let the KWA150SE's handle the LF's. I am pursuing that seductive, slightly warm mid-range and top end that usually comes from tube amplification.  

I don't think there is any tube amp out there by itself capable of powering up bass hungry 800's. I prefer not to use a subwoofer in 2 channel setup. I listen to mostly jazz and classical music and quite sure that 800's are capable of producing adequate bass with proper amplification. 

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Cheers! 
128x128lalitk
lots of good suggestions so far, so here's my 2 cents ........

Rogue Audio, put a pair of their Apollo 'Darks' up against your B&W's, plenty guts / bandwidth to drive your bottom end and not soften your top end. I'm using their smaller siblings (M-180 mono blocks) to drive my Revel Studio 2's with plenty of authority.

I know someone who drives his BW 800s with  krell monos and uses 2  x velodyne subs - sounds great
I personally prefer tube amps but I have enjoyed listening to solid state amps also so I recommend you get whichever one brings you the most enjoyment when you listen to music. The bottom line is to enjoy the music. 
Hi laltik.  If you enjoy the sound that top-shelf modern tube gear can provide (an ideal and real combination of ambience and transient speed), are leaning toward monos (good for you!), want an amp that can drive any load and in the process deliver the fullest of real base then you and I have much in common.  Without getting into the significant details of my hunt, I'll just go right to the results of my kill.  For me it was the perfect choice and based on the constant feedback of my fellow audio hunters in our local hi-fi tribe - I did kill it! 

I landed the Octave MRE 220's with the Super Black Boxes.  For and well above their price point they are unmatched.  Effortlessly driving any load; providing a soundstage you can drive around in and get lost; leaving nothing wanting in the bass from start to finish; giving every instrument its own space, sustain and decay with unmatched realism.  Over and above all of that the reproduction of the human voice is exactly that.

From one passionate hunter/gatherer to another, in this vast forest of countless audio animals, my kill was well worth the effort.  My feast is always plentiful and is enjoyed by everyone who drops by.  All the best in your hunt.  Good luck!!!

Ray