Tube rolling McIntosh c2600 preamp?

Has anyone changed the tubes in the C2600 with positive results. My sound stage has good depth but little width. The music pretty much stays within the speakers. I am using the McIntosh MC452 for the amp. Could this be a preamp issue? Over the years I have noticed that swapping preamps had an impact on the width of the sound stage. I like this preamp so i'm hoping it may be a tube issue. Any thoughts?
Thanks,Joe
Ag insider logo xs@2xdonpepe
If you want a little nugget for Mac, don’t use Golden Lyon, for signal valves. Mac used GL to voice MC275, but only their power valves, but never their signal valves. Mac used Tellies, Amprex, (Mulards), RCAs (if you can find BP), Volvo. PSVANE is a GREAT valve, and getting better.  The stocks valves, are ok at best, like JJs. They are probably the better of the bunch, top to bottom, for cheapos.
Like I said, if you can’t hear the difference, don’t waste your money. Some can hear the difference, some can’t.

Swap to Sylvanias, if you can’t hear that difference, you know.  But, you have to be honest with yourself. They should blister your ears, if they don’t in any Mac 1959-2020, there is a hearing issue, with a health Mac. Unless you don’t use a tweeter. 

Regards
Thanks to all,I'm not certain that my issue is the tubes but not certain i can rule them out yet for a couple of reasons not worth going into yet. I plan to call McIntosh later this morning for info and i'm sure they will be helpful.
@goheelz Sorry for the omissions, my current setup is as follows:McIntosh MC 452 amp and C2600 preamp.Cambridge audio azur 451 CD player being used as a transport, with SR blue fuses and empirical audio Synchro mesh reclocker, using the DAC in the C2600 because it was there and sounded better than another rated A DAC, i tried. PSB imagine T3 speakers. VPI Classic 4 turntableand finally a Power Plant Premier line conditioner.

I agree that the room and setup could be the bigger issue, my speakers are 391/2 inches from the side walls to the tweeters, the speakers are 6.85ft from the back wall, there is 8.25 feet between the center of the speakers and there is 11 feet from my seat to each speaker. You may be able to relate but lately I have been moving things around and listening to the system and room but not enjoying the music as all. As a music lover enjoying live music for over 60 years i find myself missing the joy and therapy that music has given me. I've been through this before and sold my stuff only to eventually relapse.
Thanks for your courtesy and consideration.Joe
With the system you list --- and the lack of soundstage you report --- I'd again be looking hard at the room arrangement.  Wondering if you have sufficient sound treatment, etc.  Digital source is a question mark (just don't know enough about Cambridge digital to say).  Wonder if you've got correct set-up on the VPI turntable?  I'd also be looking at getting a subwoofer or two in your system.  Reinforcing deep bass will help develop a better soundstage effect (the PSB's are a weak point in this respect, I'd bet). Still don't think the Mac gear or tubes is the problem area for sound staging.
@goheelz
Thanks,I wasn't using the TT for listening tests, it's just more difficult listening and playing the same cut on an album you like for fear of damaging the record. But to your point, I wouldn't bet alot on my TT setup being maxed out. I have thought about the digital setup but am resisting a new purchase since I now live in SC and have nowhere to listen to new stuff and the stuff that's well reviewed in the high end mags costs a small fortune. The PSB's have plenty of bass for my fairly large room, so i don't think bass is the issue. I agree that playing the room may be my big issue. I don't know if audiogon has a way for me to send pics of the setup in the room for your opinion. I'm thinking of reaching out to Jim Smith for consultation.Thanks and stay safe.Joe