Tube Preamps.....

I am running 2 GFA 565 Musical Comcepts modded Amps with Vandersteen 2ce v2. I am looking for a good quality tube preamp. With or without a built in dac. Should I stick with shopping for a used Mac? Or should I look at others also. Suggestions? Like to keep it under $3000. Could stretch to 3500. Thanks for your input. 
128x128pstores
@doni -  I had a brief listen to the LTA MZ2, and was very impressed.  With the remote, separate power supply etc, it is still only $2300. Line stage only, and only two inputs if I recall.  I am curious how it would stack up against a used conrad johnson or ARC, which could be had in the 3k range.

@chuckjonez - Don't the more recent CJ's have remotes, too? I have kicked around used CJs, but it has been decades since I listened to one.  Are there any specific models in the OP's price range that would be at the top of your list?
+1 LTA MZ2.  I love mine.  It now comes with three inputs or you can opt for a second set of outputs.  LTA's build team is flexible.  It is so much more transparent and 3D sound producing than my prior Cary tube preamp (also 6SN7 based), which I liked a lot until a friend brought over his MZ2.  No contest.  Ordered the next day.  Quickly sold the Cary and I only miss the pretty red chassis it had.
Really?  No one mentioned a used Manley Neo Classic 300B with two pre-outs to support the Vandys in future with a JL sub?  There, I’ve said it.  Ciao
Really?  No one mentioned a used Manley Neo Classic 300B with two pre-outs to support the Vandys in future with a JL sub?  There, I’ve said it.  Ciao