Triangle Titus 202 Opinions?

I have recieved much help from many of you in previous threads. I have boiled my search down to the Triangle Titus speakers. But before I go out to buy a pair, I'd like to ask your opinions on these speakers.
denon53

Showing 7 responses by denon53

I will give them plenty of time to break in. I here this same complaint about JM Lab speakers which is also French made. It makes me wonder if the French have hearing loss in the higher freq. range and they make them to compensate? hahahaha!
Hello The_Kid, yes the highs have mellowed just a bit, the more I listen to them the better they sound but they seem to be lacking in the lower midrange area yet they throw a very good soundstage and are guite transparent. I am going to continue listening but I kind of miss that lower midrange area and I am thinking about moving on to Totem Arros, just a though.
I definately will give them time, they are brand new so I know they need time to break in. Thanks again.
Great News!!!!!!!!!
A salesperson from an Audio Store, Upscale Audio, in S. Calif.
called me back this evening and had one pair of Triangle Titus 202's left. I got a great deal and I should have them by Tuesday. I hope they are as good as everyone has said. We'll See! :) Thank you for all your input, it was greatly appreciated!
I just returned home from my trip to Oregon, my Triangle Titus's were here waiting for me. I hooked them up immediately and maybe it's because they are brand knew, I don't know. But they are a very bright sounding speaker. I'm hoping some of the brightness will deminish once they are broken in. At the same time with the right music they do have a tendency to pull you into the music. I will keep listening with different types of music and see what happens.
Hi Aball, I have to agree, the Triangles have remarkable clarity. I recently purchased an Arcam AVR300 because I listen to both music and DVD movies/TV/etc... So I know that the Solid State Arcam is contributing to the bright sound. That is one reason I thought the Totem's would sound good.
Thanks, Chris, Arthur and Tobias for your input. I bought the Arcam before purchasing the Triangles. I was running Paradigm Ref. Studio 20's but grew tired of them. I'm afraid I can't afford to buy another Amp, tube or otherwise so I am concentrating on finding a pair of speakers that will sound good with my Arcam which I'm very happy with. Other threads have recommended, Green Mountain Europas, Proac Ref 8's, Totem
Arro's, Dynaudio, and some others I can't think of right now. The Totem Arro's sound like the best bang for the buck and they do have a soft dome tweeter which should offset the Arcam's solid state sound.

Bruce