transistor pre with the sound of tubes

Not sure i am mature enough for a tube preamp, so my quest would be for a transistor pre with a hint of tube sound.
What would be your suggestions? 
Btw, needs to be balanced as my active speakers only accept balanced.

rird
Ayre would be the best bet for tube sound. I prefer tube preamp with ss amp. Seems to be the best of both worlds. 
The adcom gfp750 preampliffier with the nelson pass output stage and the passive option would be a good choice but you will have to play it for about an hour before you can evaluate it but it sounds magical on a good solid state amplifier.
I think this is similar to that old line about if you’re questioning your sanity you probably aren’t quite crazy yet. If you’re worried about being able to handle tubes your question has already proven you probably are.

What’s the worst that can happen? If you forget to turn it off, you might waste a little tube life. That’s okay, preamp tubes last thousands of hours. There are a lot of preamps you could probably leave on 24/7 and just change the tubes once a year. 

Maybe you won’t like it. Maybe you will. Buy a used “starter” pre to test it out. Get a taste for it. Experiment a little. Find out what type of tubes you like. Then step up to a better pre after you know more. You can always go back. It’s only money and time that you’re trading for experience. 
A CODA 07x is fantastic. The Luxman c900u is also similar. I like the CODA better.