Tranfiguration Orpheus description

This is the first detailed description I've seen of the new Transfiguration Orpheus:

http://hifi.com.sg/products/cartridge/transfiguration/orpheus.htm

Anyone run across other info?

128x128nsgarch

Showing 1 response by sirspeedy706870c8e2

Andrew,I hope to install the Orpheus,for my friend,sometime in September.I'm really pushing him,to upgrade(?)sooner,due to selfish reasons.He is very interested in making this change.
Before the installation,we all go over to my friend Sid Marks,for an afternoon of INCREDIBLE LP fun.Sid is a "GOD" when it comes to great,rare,hard to find,MUST HAVE LP's.Of all types.He sports a superb system(really full range/convincing)anchored by the Lyra Titan cartridge.
We will then go to my Temper-v/Orpheus pal,Ed,and play the same LP's that we heard at Sid.Then move to the Temper/Orpheus comparison.Maybe a "spritz" of a Titan comparison,but it will be a different set-up,there.It's fun,anyway.Even if the Titan/Orpheus semi-comparison is not really valid.We all love this stuff anyway,and nothing is written in stone!
We usually come to an agreement,after much posturing,as to the ideal voicing of the cartridge,in Ed's fine set-up.I am the set-up "sucker"(I love it,but get up and down,"ALOT"),while the "GUYS" sit on their TUSH and tell me how to voice the arm bearing fluid/downforce/vta,until Sid,as usual,gives the thumbs up on the musical passages he is SO VERY familiar with.Boy,am I sick of Pavarotti on the SAME disc,everytime we make a change!!!!Or the Prokofiev Pno cto #5,or a host of other discs I have to bear,over and over,and over again.This certainly is the way to voice a good cartridge/arm/set-up,but I hope I get it close,the first "shot" or fifty!
I'll then post the observations,and try to indicate the discs and preferences.I'll try(everything is opinion)to make a meaningful comparison to the Temper-v,which I,too,own!
Obviously I am "selfishly" hoping to push my pal into a quick move,but he is "sold" on doing this anyway!

Best!