Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
@terry9,

How does distilled water compare to de-ionized water in this realm?

I’ve read on various threads about a measuring device for mold an so on...I ask because if there's an inexpensive device that might be able to help us determine with more accuracy, a water change in out US cleaners?...  Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you.
@slaw 

It depends. First on the quality of distilled water (which is standard), and the sample of RO water (which is not).

If I were doing that measurement, I would try an instrument called a 'megger', which typically reads resistance with the help of a high voltage supply. Since I don't need one, I don't have one, and just bite the bullet and buy pharmacy distilled at $1.50 a gallon. Lazy? Yeah - but that's just me.
Another way to describe how much of an improvement this has made...

I have, waiting for me around 30 newly purchased lps.
I'm finding myself gravitating towards my older lps to hear them like I've never heard them before.This is on my (free day)!

How's that.........?