Thought on Spectral Audio's future?

Who might consider continuing the quest for perfection? All companies eventually sell.

ptss

Agree Eric. I never could understand Spectral's business plan. Perhaps the owners have other sources of income - or don't need income?

@ptss, my friend had 4 pieces of Spectral equipment and it all went south sometimes more than once. Then there is their reputation which is not so hot. All this fits with my friends experience. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is usually a duck.

@mijostyn your "friend" certainly never complained in a public way.... I welcome being corrected-- with facts, just the facts :)

@ptss , The first piece to sh-t a brick was a DMA 180. It fried itself and had to be sent back to the factor and rebuilt. 5 years later it did the same thing but this time off warrantee. I do not know the exact number but you can give it a guess. 

I too have heard the same thing about the spectral equipment being fragile. I also know someone who has had problems with his DMA 260 and his spectral CD player. He said spectral is no longer repairing the older gear due to parts no longer available. I have a Spectral Preamp but hesitant to add their amp due to their reliability. I like the speed of the spectral and I’ve had no trouble with their preamp. The company scaled back production many years ago,  only 2 or three dealers.  Rumor has it that the owners don’t need the company to make money,  they do this because it’s their passion and hobby.  Doesn’t help us who need a company that will stand behind their product no matter how old it is. Properly setup they can sound fantastic tho.