thorens or Rega

I'm presently trying to decide which table to use with a Blue Point Special cartridge, the Rega 2 has a Linn Basik LVX tonearm and the Thorens is a TD160, with a floating plater and armboard, very similiar to the Linn LP12, The Thorens table seems very well built I've replaced the Matt with felt, I have a stud mounted wall shelf for stablity.
rwilli6527
o-l & stoneaudio uk sell brand-gnu rb250's for 109 pounds - will still be a bit under $200, even w/shipping...

doug *cheap* sedon

Thanks guys for all your help.... I took some measurements with the Linn Basik arm that's mounted to the Rega 2 and found that from center of spindle to center of Pivot is 21.5 mm and from pivot to headshell tip is 23mm am I going to be able to use a Rega arm with the cut out that's already been made? I saw on the Origin Live site that I could get a RB 250 with the mods I want for about 357 us bucks is it worth putting that much more into it? I've got about 600 records and far prefer them to Cd's so I'm hooked on Vinyl, The cartridge is a Blue Point Special with low hours.....
for $357, yule have an arm that can hold its own w/the hairy beast, uh, i mean the wery best... ;~) when it's time to nab that ridiculously underpriced oracle mk-v for $1200, or sumptin', yule have an arm awreddy - itchin' to move in to its gnu home! :>)

re: exact dimens for the rega, ask stoneaddio-uk or o-l, they'll give ya the info ya need...

good luck, doug s.

ps - a 'table upgrade will make an even bigger difference than the arm upgrade - my going to an oracle from a highly-modded cj walker 'table (same league as the regas, imho), made a *huge* improvement, even tho the cj had a better arm than that which came w/the oracle. my cj had a sumiko premier ft-3, & the oracle came w/a grace 727...