Thinking of taking the plunge.

Thinking of going into streaming. Any advice on equipment between 1 and 2000.00.

argee

Since you already have the DAC, is there any reason to spend more than $89 for the WiiM Mini Streamer?

Do it!!! I put off streaming and stored music files for way too long.  I bought a Bault 2i a few years ago and haven’t looked back 

I use my old MacBook for streaming, with a software program called Amarra Lux, which is compatible with both Tidal and Quobuz. I use the DAC in my amp, and the result is really good. With the money I save on a streamer, I can spend more on speakers and a turntable.

So if you already have a SPDIF coaxial non-USB DAC and you want to stream, I agree with the used BlueSound Node 2i. It’s reasonably inexpensive, only has SPDIF coax out and you can stream a multitude of platforms through it. If you want Roon, then do yourself a favor and build an Intel NUC with better than the minimum specs per the Roon ROCK info at Roonlabs.com. Buy the NUC, RAM and M.2 SSD on Amazon. Install Roon ROCK on it and try it out. That could be your Roon Core. If you want buy a linear power supply for it. Then get a one year subscription to Roon. You can use Roon remote on your phone or iPad. I suspect that you already have the headphone amp and or preamp/integrated amp and speakers covered. 

Larry,  I agree with your dealer that a better DAC will make more difference than say MQA v hi res on Qobuz. But I prefer the full MQA.  It is just my preference.   You really should try for yourself. The guys in Toronto at Audio Excellence Canada have some great YouTube’s on yodel v Qobuz and different streamers. And they agree that the dac in the new Bluesound is better than the 2i but the streamer is the same.