The omitted link, how important is it in the total R.O.I?

For the past few days I've been viewing the Virtual Systems Section here. There are many fine systems but I wonder if the owner really gets the total return on his investment.
One major omission I noticed is the lack of room treatment.  Most systems are in spaces that are highly reflective and in my limited experience cannot really do justice to the equipment. Speaker setup seems odd etc.
Can any of the digital Room Correction programs available today really "tame" the listening environment to a level that room treatment can?
Seems to me to be a shame to leave all that awesome equipment potential on the table unused.
128x128gillatgh
Most of the systems appear to be victim of awful room setup.

Maybe because some are in a functional living space/ S.O. considerations? Whatever they are, I'be seen some questionable configurations.

I can't imagine DRC replacing actual room enhancement- first reflection treatment,diffusion etc. Speaker placement is criminal, in some.

"Get Better Sound" should be a required read for anyone putting a system.

It's their system and ears, so...to each his own. 

Post removed 
My living room is set up to enhance the SQ instead of fighting it.Room treatments can be attractive and fit in with any decor.I've got a couple of panels that are not aesthetically pleasing where they are placed,but they are easily stored away when we have guests.