the best CD player between 6'000 - 10'000 $ ?

I need to replace my old Denon DCD 2700
I hear mainly classical music (don't need a huge bass ;-) )
I am looking for precision, precise stageimaging, high definition & warmth ... ;-)

thanks
clavil

Showing 3 responses by dgad

Zieman,

EMM is not unreliable, only gitchy in how it operates. It reads the disc in a very different way than most CD Players and as such the controls at times don't work instantly. But the machine always works, just sometimes you need to wait or eject the CD & reinsert it. I believe (a guess) that it holds some information in ROM instead of reading direct from the disc. I don't think they publicize it, but since there is a 6 second gap before it plays and further, that upsampling happens at the software level it makes sense. In this regard, a small price to play for the phenomenal sonics of the machine. There are comparable machines but IMO they all cost much more money.
Zieman,

If you read the EMM documents on how it is programmed it explains that Meitner has done a few things that reduce functionality in terms of delays (about a 5-6 second delay from startup) but this is to improve sonics. Please show me what you sell that might have comparable sonics. Also, in what system would you be able to judge such sonics. A low end system does not need an EMM. The difference would be there but small as the system wouldn't reveal the benefits.

I have the EMM upgraded w. the new transport and the performance of the unit has not improved in terms of functionality, just sound (very slight). It is not based on hardware the EMM delays. It is how they program it. They had a rom update with better functionality but then released a new rom update w. improved sonics (anyone not using the latest rom update is missing out) and reduced fuctionality. Mind you all this means is that at the end of a CD you would need to reload it once in a while (especialy if you haven't used the CD player over night, but not on the same night) if you want to hear it again. That appears to be due to the music no longer being available in the Memory and needing to refresh the memory. Just like needing to restart a computer from time to time.
Zieman,

No problem w. the door. Krell is good stuff, but they have had thier SACD issues as well. There is tons of very good equipment there. It all comes down to taste & system synergy.