thank you all i already feel the suppot.

thank you so much for the advices, you all. many of you told me to decide what music i would be listening to the most. i'm a classical musician and naturally, i listen to a lot of classical music. i of course listen to other genres of music(rock, trance, jazz, etc.) however, classical music is the essetial part of my listening hours. any suggestions for the components that produces quality sound(warmth, big sound stage, and dynamic) for the classical music? suggestions will be greatly appriciated. thank you.
dave
davejms

Showing 1 response by doug28450

In addition to all of the great suggestions you will get from the members here you should find a local High-end dealer that you can work with. Since you state that you are a classical musician I will make the assumption that you are in or near a large city. A quick perusal of the yellow pages will reveal these dealers. Be honest with them, tell them how much you have to spend and tell them what you want then allow them to show you what they have. Listen to their demos and ask questions. Look over their used equipment, if something is of interest to you ask the dealer. The good dealers will take their time to help you, they will not rush you and they will not attempt to force you into a buying decision. They also will not insult or belittle you. If you need help finding a good dealer in a particular city or if you think you have found a good one and desire a second opinion ask the Audiogon members. Good Luck, Doug