Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
I was just wondering where you were at in your speaker search. So, what are your priorities in the sound you are after and what are you willing to give up? (there’s always a compromise, right?)

@corelli Great questions.

I’ve been ’wandering’ in the search. Lately, it has felt more like ’flailing’ : )

Top choices are the Cube Audio Nenuphar, Voxativ, and Horning Eufrodite Ellipse (and a few others).

The primary goal is for a synergistic pairing with Scott Sheaffer’s Found Music 2A3 amp. I now have the Grandinote Genesi solid state Preamp ahead of it and I am moving towards a full analog signal cable loom from Scott Sheaffer (his silver 2112 ICs and E+ SC).

At this point, with the T+A PA 3100 HV / SR cabling based system and the system described above, sound quality is superlative.

Therefore "priorities in sound" are mainly focused on increasing naturalness, realism, and my emotional connection.

I expect gains to be slight, but am hopeful for a shift in Gestalt and a ’higher level’ whole, when all the elements come together.

The other top priority is to learn about and experience different speaker design and approaches.
David_ten
thanks for your reply. You have an exciting search in progress and I am sure you will reach your goals. Best, mikirob 
David, I doubt you are flailing, but the choice is tough.  You have a great primary system with very few shortcomings.  That is a real luxury that affords you the opportunity to focus on something very special in your 2A3 based system.  I mentioned the give and take we are all faced with.  So given the strengths of your primary system, it would be very easy for me to give up bass extension for example if I could make gains in immediacy, transparency, and as you said an emotional connection with the music.  Your gravitation towards a single full range driver IMO makes good sense.  I once put together a Fostex fe167e full ranger in a 0.5cf BR enclosure and was shocked how nice it sounded.  Paid special attention to frame damping and it produced a surprisingly smooth sound with no "shout".  Nice, full, balanced sound with a  fantastic sound stage.  Very natural.  Now some will go on about the limitations and compromises of full rangers.  But that's exactly the point.  Making the right compromises that will let your new amp shine.  And when you need to listen to full scale works you know what to do!

So, as much as I would love to hear your take on the Tekton Perfects, and I'm sure they would be a great choice, it is also good to consider other options that will allow your 2A3 to do what it does best.

I have had my upgraded DIs since mid May 2018.  Grilles arrived a bit later < 2wks.
Amplifiers connected to these speakers,
PL Dialogue Premium.  Tubes from EL34 to KT150
Dennis Had Inspire HO Single ended Pentode.  Tubes from 6L6 to KT150
Transcendent SOB OTL.  Need an auto former for proper damping at 4 ohm with this guy.  (Currently streaming Tidal via Bluesound 2I and Benchmark DAC3 as I write this.)
Bob Latino M-125 monos. Tubes 6550, Black Treasure KT88 KT120.
Elekit TU-8600 300B.
PL Prologue 4  Tubes KT77 and EL34.

I have another collection of various box and tower speakers that I am constantly auditioning on these amps.  For some reason the DIs always wind up reconnected.  Glad I purchased the Herbies for them!
Eric and Karma were a pleasure to deal with.  
100% satisfied customer.

Bob

Listening to my Seas Pendragon’s this morning..
With a sound stage this great, I’m wondering how the DI’s can sound any better ..?

I have on order a set of DI’s with the $300 upgrade, $75 grills, and $ ?  matching Plynths , oh yeah and the extra $1,000 paint job..
roughly $4,600.. It was definitely hard to swallow the $ for the mirror paint ( Rosso Folgore ) , but they will be beautiful..

Are there any other upgrades I might want to consider, (that aren’t listed on the website) , that some of you guys wish you would have done to your DI’s..? 
Thanks for insights,
      BURT..