Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
dan in dc,

Congrats on your new speaker selection I hope they work out for you.

Are you getting 2 8 inch woofers instead of 6 inch,I have heard that Eric has changed the Electron model just curious.

Let us know how you like them.

Kenny.
Terry, 
I am I'm agreement with you regarding the Pioneer M 22 power amplifier. It has the reputation as a serious purposed amplifier with a  very stout high quality power supply and pure class A circuit. It should mate very well with the Double Impacts.  I see no rational reason why it should not. 
Charles 
teajay,

I have no doubt that you are'nt getting simply magical sound with the Triode labs 2a3.

I'm just curious what tubes you are currently using and liking the best.

Kenny.
Charles I also believe that Terry believes the combo is best for/to him. I bet the system does some things in an extraordinary way. The key here is ...to him. Audience of one. In addition BEST is a very fickle thing. Over the decades with all my various types of systems, many great sounding, I learned something that I know is true for many audiophiles. One uses care, careful research, trial and error and finally settles into a very enjoyable system. The system is enjoyed for a season only to be replaced by another "type" of system that is deemed to sound better. Does the new system really sound "better"? Sometimes. However, most times the audiophile is really more pleased with the new sound. Something new that is now hitting different auditory pleasure points. Example...Going from ESL speakers with huge SS monoblock amps to high efficiency speakers and a 4 watt tube amp. It is exciting to both the ears and mind to enjoy a completely different musical flavor. Is it better? Well, for that season and to that person you bet it is.

I realize you are a different type of audiophile Charles not fitting into the group above. That’s great as no type of audiophile is best or right.

Hey grannyring,

Of course it always boils down to personal taste, like all artistic pursuits there is no right or wrong, it's what the individual finds pleasing to his sense of taste.  So you are stating the obvious in most of your post.

However, even in the very beginning of my life long pursuit at putting together my systems that would sound like the illusion of real music two constants have always been in effect:
1)  If timbres/tonality were not correct to my ear's the rest did not matter to me.
2)  I always knew that if some new piece of gear sounded that much better then my reference, watch out, new is not always better, maybe different, and you better live with it for awhile to see if it's as charming as you thought it might be.

As I stated earlier in this thread I have never liked horn and single driver designs. Therefore, before Eric's breakthrough you could not really use SET amps on full range multi-driver box speakers.  Now you can!  So, for my personal taste I can have the colors/tonality of a SET design with no apparent drawbacks as far as I can tell.

By the way:  Spent another six hours in front of the Ulf's today.  If they are not totally broken-in yet it got to be close now.  They are magnificent music makers.  They have the overall house sound of the DI's taken to even a higher level across the sonic board. When I write my review for hometheaterreview.com, hopefully in the next 4 to 6 weeks, I'll get into all the little details of Ulf's musical magic.