Technics 1200 MKII modifications and noob help

Hi first post new audiophile and still learning the ropes. I got into vinyl this year and have amassed a small collection mostly pink floyd and rolling stones stuff. and right now I am running an SL-1200 MKII that I'm very happy with it so far and I'm looking to eventually get a tube amp and upgrade the table to get a little more out of it. tonight I was stumbling across something and saw a guber(japanese site I don't read japanese so best I can do is guess) turntable with a glass platter, and from some Ive heard from some audiophiles say that it is better for the record, is that true? also are there any known pre-made glass platters for the 1200mk2 or any that can be easily made to fit(I can see where it would have to be around the same weight for proper tracking) and I also heard some praise for rega tone arms, the last thing I know I wanted to replace was the output cords and I was wondering what gauge rca cords I should look for and recommendations. anything else it would be beneficial to the sound to look into modifying?
kojima

Showing 1 response by gadfly