Takamine EG561 with Bass Amp

did anyone try playing electro-acoustic guitar with bass amp? if it makes sence, can anyone recommend me the best model for budget and performance?
128x128marakanetz

Showing 2 responses by photon46

I tried the Fender G-dec 30, took it right back to the music store. Sounded sterile and lifeless to my ears, although the bells and whistles were fun. Line 6 sounds better. Tech21 makes better sounding inexpensive amps to my ears. What sort of music do you play and what kind of sound are you looking for? There are numerous inexpensive decent amps these days, but none of them are all things to all people.
Sounds like you might be better off sticking with something purpose designed for the task, a proper acoustic guitar amp. Do a little research at a good site like Elderly.com and then read up on the owner reviews at HarmonyCentral.com. Various effect pedals combined with a neutral amp should get you where you want to go. If you can't find an amp with reverb you like, a Peavy SRP-16 digital reverb is a great sounding, versatile pedal you can find on the used market with a little patience. The are many ways to get a mult-voiced effect; digital delays, loop stations, echo. You can entertain yourself pretty cheap buying used pedals on Ebay or the sales corner at HarmonyCentral.com. Resell 'em if you don't like what you hear.