Suspended cables

Hi folks,

Still a bit of a newbie here.

I have gained an understanding of the reasoning behind keeping speaker cables off the floor.

So ...,

Each of my mains have a 1.5 meter cable connected to it’s own monoblock. The monoblocks sit 26" above the floor and nearly level with the speaker terminals. Speaker to monoblock distance allow the cables to be suspended completely from the floor in a loosely hanging arc (about 8" above the floor).

Is this better than using cable risers? 
Are there any reasons not to do this? Stress on connectors? Bad for cables?

Thanks all!

hleeid
I arrange my cables but I don’t suspend them.  Can make a big difference and may cost nothing. 
Carpet is the enemy of speaker cables. Much static build-up. Risers will help here. Bare floors, no problem.
That's it ...Kids birthday party, rubbed a balloon on little johnny's sweater it stuck !! And now kid answers to little Susie !! Put moms high heels on 
Bam...Here's Johnny.....

Cheers
@hleeid I tried it for myself and while I could not hear a difference, that doesn't mean you won't. I like the orderly arrangement the cables are in now. This makes it much easier to keep everything separated. Not only that but it does keep that dusty funk from building up on the cables and makes cleaning around the area much easier. I tried paper cups and egg cartons before pulling the trigger on something permanent but they were too fragile. I was about to chuck the whole idea until I saw plastic rebar chairs on a site one day. They have semicircular notches that the bigger cables perfectly snap into. They are stable and you can get them for about $0.43 each. Google "plastic rebar chairs"