SUBWOOFER FOR MUSIC

I have Paradigm Studio 100 and I want to use a subwoofer with them..I use my system only for music..so would you suggest using a subwoofer for only music with my Paradigms??I need help....
aram
The Servo 15 is in another league compared to the REL or Vandersteen...the minor league. Don't fall into the trap of matching the aesethics or names of the product line.

Sorry if my comment is blunt...

Paul
Aram....with the bass response of your Studio 100's, unless you listen to quite a bit of organ music or something along those lines, your mains already have PLENTY adequate bass response for vitrtually ALL types of music. Possibly you may want to think about upgrading you amplifier to a unit more inclined towards a solid bass region instead of a subwoofer. Just a thought. Sometimes adding a subwoofer can be a nightmare instead of a dream come true.
Check out http://www.artofsound.com . They make great sounding subs for music. I am getting one in the next few weeks. This sub not only sounds better than a Rel, it looks better, too. I would highly recommend this sub.
I have to agree with kgb540. The Paradigm 100s have a LOT of low end extension and they remain tight and musical all the way down. I'm a big fan of organ music and yet when I listen to music on my HT system (which uses 100s) I turn the sub off.

Have to take gentle exception to our brethren who endorse the Vandersteen. True, it is musical but it isn't very dynamic and it is an absolute bitch to set up. The fact that you feel the need for a sub with a pair of 100s suggests that you like your bass to be pretty dynamic. In that case, the Paradigm Servo-15 is pretty clearly a better choice, IMO, than the Vandersteens. A REL would be even better if you can find the cash.

Just another POV and, like the others, worth exactly what you paid for it. :)

Good luck and do let us know what you decide.

will