SUBWOOFER FOR MUSIC

I have Paradigm Studio 100 and I want to use a subwoofer with them..I use my system only for music..so would you suggest using a subwoofer for only music with my Paradigms??I need help....
aram

Showing 3 responses by kgb540

The MX-1 is a real nice amp. Good match with the Studio 100's. You may notice a slightly warmer sound and deeper low-end with an Aragon 8008BB. You may also want to consider bi-wiring your speakers too. The extra guage of cable may yield some deep bass improvements.
Aram....with the bass response of your Studio 100's, unless you listen to quite a bit of organ music or something along those lines, your mains already have PLENTY adequate bass response for vitrtually ALL types of music. Possibly you may want to think about upgrading you amplifier to a unit more inclined towards a solid bass region instead of a subwoofer. Just a thought. Sometimes adding a subwoofer can be a nightmare instead of a dream come true.
Aram....help us a bit, what does your system consist of (electronics)??? Possibly this info may help out too.