Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast

Showing 2 responses by steve59

I'm really enjoying this thread since i'm shopping at the low end of your price range. I have had many, many pair of Kef's and while I love what that uniq driver does well I find kef voices the bass a bit too conservative for my taste. Currently  high on my list are the Contour 60 new, salon 2 used VA 'The music', and still a sweet used pair of used R 207/2. Good luck. btw I also notice as we get higher in price with speakers partnering equipment becomes more important.
I'm double dipping. I posted my interest in the same price range as you and since I just bought my Hegel H360 and whatever I hear will still have to sound good 'in my room' I went ahead and bought a used pair of Revel Salon2's locally that I should be able to flip if they fail to deliver.
I still think for the music you listen to a pair of Vienna Acoustics orSonus Faber should be on your short list. I went to a local dealer to audition the Dyna contour 60 and he basically refused to sell them to me citing 'Alon Wolf is coming out with a new $10k speaker that will be worth waiting for' then added he didn't want me coming back to him down the road angry that he didn't warn me. 
 VA speakers measure like garbage so they are likely more room/amp dependent, but the Beethoven's I let go because they didn't go loud enough have been hard to replace. I'll make you a deal, buy a used pair of 'The Music' and if you don't fall in love and you got them at the low end of your price i'll buy them off you. OH $hit I already bought the S2's, well just the same we could swap or something what state do you live in?