Stereo Times list of the " 2020 MOST WANTED COMPONENTS"

Stereo Times (v2.stereotimes.com) has just posted its annual list of the MOST WANTED gear for 2020. I believe that you GON members would find it an interesting and informative read.
teajay

Showing 5 responses by cd45123

@teajay those Kirmuss cables were quoted to me at $100 above what you listed...not a big deal, just saying
@teajay ok thanks! I emailed the owner at Kirmuss directly. He did mention, as you say, that 12’ is optimal, although he was willing to go down to 8’. 
I saw Mike Wright has a Silversmith Fidelium review coming soon. Those are my current reference, but like most of us, I’m always interested in trying what’s new. Currently in the process of auditioning Bionic Cables AT1, but Kirmuss is next up.

Btw, you really have me thinking of trying out Coda although I love my current Hegel integrated.
@teajay I have no doubt the Coda is likely beating the Hegel in some areas. The Hegel has surprised me though with how satisfying it has been compared to other integrated amps, but I get the feeling that Coda is just in another league of performance altogether.

If I audition the Kirmuss, I’ll definitely provide feedback to this thread. Also, this Pagoda DAC is just begging to be auditioned, too. :)

Honestly, stereo times has pointed me in the right direction on so much stuff. 

Ok, Kirmuss cables are the real deal. I've listened to a lot of cables in the sub 2k range and I will do more in the future, but these are punching way above their weight. I'm actually surprised that these haven't received more attention.

@teajay you were not kidding on these. They are a screaming steal. Mike was great on getting them shipped out immediately. Honestly, these are phenomenal. There's just more information getting through, better dynamics. Maybe they'll improve even more after a couple hundred hours, but they're very impressive right from the start.

I shudder to think what could be done if Kirmuss went with a cost no object design...