Stay away from UPS. Never use UPS.

This is an edited mail to a seller on how UPS screwed up a LP that I was search for many months.

Hi, UPS left the DCC record at my front door. And I was speechless. Tears almost came to my eyes .... because I finally found it and UPS just wrecked it. I did wish the record was packed better but I don't know what they did to wreck my LP like this. They bent the package and the record inside. I still am very angry by this handling because I have wanted this record. It's useless now because my VPI Aries can't track this would-have-been beautiful record. Man, what a criminals these UPS guys are. This is the 3rd time that they screwed me up like this.

I hope that I can get the refund from the seller. After all, the package could have been better, i.e., a lot more padding than a piece of carton to pad.

Still am furious
cuonghuutran

Showing 1 response by angela100

MikeC is right on (for most of it - sometimes it IS the shipping company's fault - forklift blades poked into the side and stuff like that)
The manufacturer (if coming direct) is responsible for developing the packaging as well as the product. I work in an R&D lab, and there is an entire team of people that do nothing BUT create and test the packaging to endure the "rigors" of shipping companies. You should see the shock and vibe table and be around when they do the "drop tests". What a job - getting paid to try to break stuff!
If it is a personal shipment, I also agree that the shipper is responsible for packaging it correctly. A discussion before buying is in order to gain agreement on who is responsible and what the consequences will be would be a good idea.

- aj