static Issues...anybody know why?

When I use my Lyra Delos, no static at all.  When I use my Ortofon Quintet Mono, I have to pry the record off of the platter.  Why?
tzh21y
norman, yes that will work but is a bit messy. Geoffkait with two fs you have that backwards. The record transfers the charge to the sleeve. Sleepwalker has it right. The most effective way to control static is to discharge it as soon as it is formed with a conductive sweep arm. Everybody I have set up with one would not live without it. You can buy 4 of them for the price of one Zerostat. 
In any event can we agree static is not caused by the stylus rubbing against the vinyl? That would be silly.
One of my turntables has a bad problem with static and I used a deerskin mat that Eliminated  it very well. I agree with Geof in doubting that much static is coming from your cartridge. Maybe try a zerostat gun. They work very well. 
Possibly the two phono cartridges differ in the degree to which the body and/or the cantilever of the cartridge is grounded, thereby making one of them more likely to dissipate static charge vs the other.  I agree with Geoff that the rubbing of the stylus against the vinyl has been shown NOT to be a major cause of static electricity build-up, but charge can be removed by devices that are in a way similar to a cartridge.