Spendor SP100 Question

I have a new pair of Spendor Sp100's. These speakers allow for tri-wiring. Is that the way to go ? I currently single wire with Audience AU24 cables and attach to the woofer binding post. Is tri-wiring better and what type cables are the best for this setup ? Are there any sp100 users out there and what is your favorite amp with this speaker ?
mikeyaya

Showing 1 response by djohn

I have owned the Spendors for quite some time now. First, do not use the jumper plates supplied by Spendor, and get some decent jumper cables with spades. I use the bottom post with a single wire banana plug, and jumper from post one to two, and a jumper from post two to three. I have tried Bi-Wiring but to me there was not much of a difference going the single wire route. Have never found the Spendors to be as efficient as claimed but I have always used a modified Audio Research Classic 60. Once you get settled in with these speakers you should look at a REL Sub just to boost the bottom end a little bit. They are fabulous with the REL's. I actually have two REL Storm's, and they are an impressive set. I have lusted after many speakers but when I listen to the Spendors there is no need to spend anymore. Great purchase, and I am confident that you will love them.