SPECTRAL 100/DMC 20 preamp comments....

I just heard this setup, with recmmended MIT cables. Absolutely jaw dropping realism, speed, transparency. I never thought the illusion of a live peformance could be created, this is the first time it was for me. The sound was natural, musical, not bright or hard edged. Any comments? I am wondering if this sensation holds up over extended listening. Any listener fatigue with this set up? Seems like the greatest amp I have ever heard, tell me of any negatives, I may buy this baby.......Or even the DMA 150 or 180 .
mythtrip

Showing 1 response by brulee

Hello Mythtrip, I am not much of a ss fan and my opinions on MIT I will keep to myself. In the mid 90s I owned the DMC-20 and the 180 amp. A friend sent me the top of the line MIT cables to sell for him. I think they were called terminator but I'm not sure. Another friend of mine who is also an Audiogon member (Jcbtubes) got together and set up the Spectral gear along with the MIT in his system. We used the Audiostatic 4 panel speaker system and turntable only.
This was the best I have ever heard in all the years I have been in audio. We couldn't stop laughing because we couldn't believe what we were hearing. I could go on and use all the audio buzz words but the best description that comes to mind is real. It was a real memory maker. I haven't heard anything like it since. Maybe Jcbtubes will jump in and give his opinions. I am not sure if this is a negative but Spectral is an expensive commitment. It is my opinion that MIT should be used with Spectral. When you said "I never thought the illusion of a live performance could be created" I felt the same as you. All I have said is coming from devoted tube snob. Go for it. I can't believe you would ever be sorry. Best of luck to you.