specific need

Hello,

I have specific needs for speakers.
I have ordered the new Maggie 20.7 speakers but I don't expect them to be ready until summer (which could morph into fall).
In the meantime I have no music as my previous speakers have blown up.
I have also purchased equipment suitable for the new Maggies (if they ever arrive).
I have Sanders electronics that could blow up a small state.
I have rel subwoofers that could do the same.

But in the meantime - I have no music.

So I would like to purchase some sort of speaker that I could use in the meantime.
Ideally this speaker would

A - Be able to fill a large room ( 25'x35') with the help of the aforementioned sub-woofers.
B - Be able to then be moved to a smaller room (15'x18'). I'm saying this because when the new Maggies come my interim speakers would move from my music room to the living room.

Gee, I wish I could just rent speakers for six months.

Ideally these speakers would work with the mongo powerful electronics and sub-woofers.

I'm sort of thinking some sort of mini-monitor speaker.

Is there any sort of monitor out there that could work with these electronics and sub-woofers and then migrate to a different environment in a smaller room?
nottop

Showing 1 response by mikeba316

Nottop,

Go with a used pair of Martin Logans. They have that wondeful transparent sound you obviously like and they do best with lots of power.

I have a 14 year old pair of Aerius in my basement in a second system/home theater and they sound great.

Mike