Speakers to audition at AXPONA 2015

Hello All,

My new medium sized room (15 X 18 X 8) is now complete and I have moved my system into this room. The sound in this room seem so very "open". I have never had this size room before, all dedicated to audio. I feel I need bigger speakers to fill the room - especially in the bass area.

I would be going to the AXPONA 2015 in Chicago next week and would like to visit as many roomas as I can - especially the ones that are demoing loudspeakers. But here is what I am looking for:

1. Price range of $5-$7K
2. Sensitivity of at least 89db at 8 ohms
3. Floor stander
4. Full range (though may not cover the last octave), but should not need a subwoofer to complement bass
5. Musicality over hyper-detailed

Can you folks please suggest some speakers that meet these criterias?

I will most likely go with a Oppo BDP-105D as a CDP upgrade. Also will retain the TVC, as it is so transparent and a great match to my amplifier.

Thanks!
128x128milpai

Showing 2 responses by xti16

I would check all the speakers you can since you're there. Swing by room 514 and listen to the Scansonic 2.5's ($3500 retail). I personally they will be a big surprise for the money. Another to check out is Dynaudio (not sure which rooms in your price range).
Best of luck
04-17-15: Milpai
Xti16,
That speaker looks interesting from the point that the designer is ex-Raidho. Will visit that room as well. But a bit worried that it might sound too sterile. Lets see
Mike B the designer is still with Raidho. Raidho is part of Dantek radio just like Scansonic. Unlike Raidho Scansonic MB's were designed with cost in mind.

I thought the same thing until I heard them. They are far from sterile sounding. That said I do own Raidho's Diamond series. Started with Dyn C1's then to Raidho D1's and now D2's. The MB's tweeter is very close to the D's. IMO I always thought the Dyn Esotar2 was the 'tweeter' but the Raidho ribbon is clearer and smoother. I heard things with the ribbon I never heard with the Esotar2.